Saturday, May 2, 2015

Inching Closer

Hubby and I had another long talk about Christian Domestic Discipline last night. 

Some of the things we talked about:

  • God placed the husband in a position of authority even before the curse, so both women and men tend to be happier when the marriage is "upright" with the husband at the head, simply because this is our "created nature."
  • It was not until after the curse that man had to implement discipline to maintain his position as head of the marriage, but without him maintaining his position of authority, both the husband and the wife are unhappy.
  • Yes, CDD has a sexual attraction; however, I am NOT a masochist and I do not enjoy pain.  The sexual aspect of CDD usually comes about because the woman is attracted to authority (because of her created nature) and authority is not true authority without the means to enforce it.
  • There is usually no "safe word" in CDD because the wife totally trusts the husband to provide discipline but temper it with his love for her.

I am surprised that he is not only open to it but seems to like the idea A LOT.  

Even though he does not have a close relationship with God right now, I do totally trust my husband.  He is kindhearted and he is a good leader.  

I have ALMOST put aside my concerns that I would be controlled by my stepdaughter if we had CDD in our marriage.  I have learned that if I am submissive and soft spoken, he is less likely to go into "protective dad mode" and HE is harder on her than I ever would be.

So I am in prayer this morning about where to go from here.

5 comments:

  1. You mean you've taken almost a year to talk to him?
    You're playing games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. But some want proof that the bible days to use punishments on her. Can you list the verses?

    ReplyDelete